Apple Spice Shake + Skoop Protein Powder Giveaway!
I recently signed up to run a 12k here in Alexandria VA. It’s about 7.5 miles – not too long – right on the George Washington Parkway. Such a beautiful run – all along the Potomac river during the Fall! It will be a fun run for sure. But as I’ve been increasing my mileage each week and incorporating more interval training, I’m noticing that I’ve need more protein in my diet.
You’d think as a dietitian that’d be easy for me, but it isn’t necessarily. Being a vegetarian requires me to do a little more planning when it comes to protein. Now that I’ve increased my activity, I needed to figure out additional ways to sneak in some protein. Enter: Apple Spice Protein Shake with Skoop Protein Powder – recipe below contest entry. I get a whopping 16 grams of extra protein just from one shake! It’s a perfect post run or afternoon snack. Plus its perfect for Fall – sweet apple and a heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Yum!
Skoop Protein Powder is a GMO-free, all plant-based protein powder- great for vegetarians and vegans. It mixes really well – no grittiness or after taste. Plus its sweetened with stevia and honey, so there isn’t that fake artificial sweet flavor which is awesome. In addition:
- Skoop protein has a complete profile of amino acids that promote the growth of lean muscles! Perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
- The B-Strong powder (which I used) only has 160 calories, but 16 g of protein and 6 g of fiber!! It’s great mixed with fruit for a quick morning meal or by itself for an afternoon or post work out snack!
- B-Strong also contains a ton of prebiotics that promote a happy belly and help your gut absorb nutrients throughout the day!
- And of course…it tastes great! The vanilla is delicious and mixes perfectly with fruit or green veggies without having an artificial flavor.
- Skoop donates a portion of their proceeds to a national nonprofit called the Chef Ann Cooper Foundation which puts fresh produce and nutrition education into schools! Love this!
And now for the good stuff… Skoop has offered to send one reader a gift box with a blender bottle and a big bag of their B-Strong Protein Powder! Enter below for your chance to win! You have until Friday October 31st to enter! Good luck! Check out Skoop’s website here to find more great information about all their healthy and delicious products!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Apple Spice Protein Shake:
- 2 scoops B-Strong Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup cold water or low fat milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 honey crisp apple, diced
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I used a whole teaspoon!)
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Process for 20-30 seconds until thoroughly combined and smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness or spice! Enjoy!