Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers with Balsamic Glaze
Dario and I had these little peppers at a local pizza joint. They were stuffed with some creamy mixture and doused in a delicious balsamic glaze. They were truly the perfect summer time app! We killed ’em off pretty quick!
And of course, the second I got home, I decided I wanted to make these stuffed peppers myself. But…that was like last year. And I totally forgot about it. Until I got 3 wonderful bags of these baby bell peppers from Melissa’s produce. And besides just popping these sweet peppers for snacks, I made a big batch of Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers with Balsamic Glaze.
These little mini peppers were the perfect vehicle for the goat cheese and chive filling. Just as Melissa’s mentions on their site, these peppers are sweet but very mild in flavor. So they don’t over power the creamy, slightly oniony flavor of the cheese filling.
And the best part? They’re bite sized! Well maybe two bite sized once they’re filled. But either way, they’re perfectly poppable, delicious appetizers. Or just as tasty served over a salad. Which is definitely what we’re having for dinner! Hope you enjoy these!
Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers with Balsamic Glaze:
- 10-15 mini bell peppers (different colors)
- 5 oz goat cheese, softened
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 3 tbsp chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- While oven preheats, prep the peppers. Slice off the stem end of the pepper. Carefully, using a small paring knife or just your fingers, pull out the seeds and any white ribs (they’re bitter).
- Lay out on a baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes or until softened. If you’d like, at this point you can allow the peppers to cool slightly and then remove their skins. However, I find the roasted, charred skins add a really nice flavor.
- While the peppers cool, make balsamic glaze. Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until mixture reduces by about half and turns to a thick syrupy consistency – about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare cheese filling. Mix together the goat cheese, cream cheese, chives, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir until thoroughly combine, taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Use either a pastry bag with a small tip or a small zip top plastic baggie and put all the of the cheese into the bag. If using a plastic baggie, slice off about 1/4″ tip of the corner of plastic baggie.
- Carefully pipe the cheese filling into each pepper. I filled until just a little bit of the cheese was peeping out from the inside of the pepper. Lay peppers out on your serving dish, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle on fresh basil. Serve immediately.
The ingredients in this post were provided free of charge from Melissa’s. Recipe created and developed by BeanAFoodie. I did not receive any kickbacks or payments from featuring Melissa’s in this post – just got to cook with delicious produce!