Asparagus, Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Frittata
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ cup steamed and chopped asparagus (get the pencil thin ones if possible)
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (or more if you like!!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven broiler to high.
- Preheat a 10″ nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan – use a brush or paper towel to make sure everything is coated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ and ½, salt and pepper until well combined.
- When pan is hot, slowly pour in the egg mixture. With a rubber spatula, move the egg slightly on the bottom of the pan to get more egg cooked.
- When the edges have begun to set just a bit, sprinkle in the asparagus, pepper and goat cheese in an even layer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put entire pan in the oven on the top rack and continue to cook under the broiler until the top is slightly golden and the egg is no longer “wobbly” in the middle. Be careful taking the pan out of the oven! The handle is hot!!!
- Slide frittata out onto a cutting board and slice into 6 wedges! Serve warm.