Baby Heirloom Tomato & Ricotta Pizza
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb premade pizza dough
- ⅓ cup pesto (try my recipe!)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (I used whole milk for extra creaminess)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint small heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Cornmeal as needed (helps pizza slide onto pizza stone if using)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. If you have a pizza stone, allow pizza stone to heat up in the oven for about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Roll out dough to desired pizza size. Place plan on a sheet tray or dust a pizza peel with cornmeal for easy sliding onto the pizza stone.
- Spread the pesto evenly over the pizza. Top with the halved tomatoes, cut side facing up. Dollop 1 tbsp spoonfuls of the ricotta cheese evenly over the pizza.
- Bake pizza for 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown and tomatoes have started to blister and caramelize on top. Serve with extra parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper as desired.