Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Entree
- 9 oz fresh spinach gnocchi
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
- ¾ c cubed extra firm tofu OR white beans OR crumbled Italian sausage
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 9x9" baking dish, evenly spread out 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Add the stock to the sauce and mix together - this extra liquid will help the gnocchi to fully cook.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi across the top sauce mixture. You want them to be mostly submerged in the sauce so they absorb the liquid and become tender and fully cooked.
- Next, add in all the other ingredients except the cheese and remaining sauce over the top of the gnocchi.
- Drizzle the top of the casserole with the remaining sauce. You want everything mostly covered with sauce, so it doesn't burn in the oven. Sprinkle on the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake the gnocchi, covered with aluminum foil for about 35-40 minutes until fully cooked and warmed through. Remove the foil and place the gnocchi under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the top is golden brown and some bits become crispy.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm!