Balsamic Glazed Caramelized Onion Dip
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Dip
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup light whipped cream cheese
- ⅓c light olive oil based mayonnaise
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, thyme, salt and pepper and saute for 25 minutes.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or onions are thick and sticky.
- Set onions aside and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cool onions, cream cheese and mayo. Stir vigorously until the onions, cream cheese and mayo are mixed thoroughly.
- Taste dip and adjust for seasonings. Serve at room temperature with crackers, baguette or crudite.