Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 small garlic clove
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive
- 3 cups semi packed basil
- In a small saucepan add in the pine nuts and heat over medium heat. Toast for about 1 minute or until nuts are fragrant just slightly golden brown.
- In the bowl of a food processor add in the pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Pulse a few times or until garlic and pine nuts are finely ground.
- Switch of food processor and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the basil, salt and pepper and turn on food processor. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil - stopping frequently to scrape down the sides of the bowl, check for consistency and taste test.
- Store pesto in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can always freeze pesto for up to 6 months.