Blistered Corn Salsa
Charred Corn Salsa
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
Cuisine: Latin American
- 1 ear corn, grilled (see below for instructions)
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ jalapeño, minced. More if you like a spicier salsa
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice, depending on preference
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat grill or oven grill pan to high heat.
- Place cleaned ear of corn on the grill or grill pan. Sear outside of corn until most of the kernels are browned and charred. Be careful not to burn and completely blacken the kernels.
- Once cooled, carefully removed corn kernels from the cob. Place in a medium bowl.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Allow salsa to sit for about 10-15 mins. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Serve room temperature. Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.