Blood Orange & Shallot Glaze
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 cup blood orange juice (4-5 oranges)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- Bring orange juice to a simmer in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium high heat and continue simmering for about 15 mins and juice has reduced by at least ½.
- While juice simmers, heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium high heat. Add in shallots and sauté for about 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Once juice has reduced, stir in the shallots and olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Serve over grilled fish or use as a tangy salad dressing!