Blue Cheese & Thyme Mashed Cauliflower
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ c light whipped cream cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese (go for a semi-strong flavored cheese - you want it to stand out!)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ fresh parsley, chopped
- Steam the cauliflower for about 7 minutes or until falling apart when pierced with a fork. Drain well - you want as much of that water to gone as possible.
- Return cauliflower to pot and mash with potato masher or fork until each floret is completely smashed and broken down.
- Add in cream cheese, blue cheese, dried thyme and Parmesan cheese - mix until all the cheeses are completely melted in. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat - this helps evaporate any leftover water from the steaming process.
- Taste and then add the salt and pepper as needed.
- Just prior to serving, stir in the chopped parsley. Serve warm!