Brussel Sprout, Cranberry & Farro Salad
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 2 cups cooked farro (or other hearty grain)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 15.5 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp juice and zest from a lemon
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp capers, divided
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seed oil (use olive oil if you can't find this)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F. Toss brussel sprouts with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and roast for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden on the outside. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While sprouts roast, make the dressing. Mix together the thyme, lemon juice and zest, vinegar, mustard, 1 tbsp of capers minced, pumpkin seed oil, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Whisk together until combined. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the remaining salad ingredients: cooked faro, dried cranberries, white beans and feta cheese. Once brussel sprouts have cooled slightly, toss them in along with the faro mixture.
- Drizzle on the dressing - add slowly, stirring and tasting along the way. You may not use all of the dressing - although I did! Toss to combine throughly and serve! This makes great leftovers for lunch the next day!