Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Creamy Feta Dip
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side
- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced into medium sized florets
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- ¾ cup low-fat Mayo
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 6 oz feta, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In large measuring cup or wide mouthed coffee mug, mix together the ingredients from flour to garlic powder. Batter should be the consistency of a thick crepe batter.
- Dip cauliflower florets into the batter allowing the excess batter to drip off. Lay florets in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with foil or a silpat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until batter is dry and slightly crispy.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and careful take each floret and dip into the hot sauce (pour hot sauce into a wide mouthed cup or similar vessel for easy coating). Allow excess to drip off.
- Place the cauliflower florets back onto the sheet train and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until hot sauce has thickened on the outside of the buffalo bites.
- While cauliflower cooks, place the mayo, lemon juice, mustard and 4 oz of the feta in the bowl of a food processor. Process until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Add in the remaining 2 oz of feta before serving.
- Serve the cauliflower buffalo bites hot with the creamy feta sauce!