Charred Sweet Onion & Squash Tacos
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into ½" rings
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into long ½" strips
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and sliced into 2" strips
- 1 tsp each cumin and chili powder
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- ¼ vegetable oil
- 6 warmed flour tortillas
- Blistered Corn Salsa
- Additional toppings: sour cream, avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro, etc
- Preheat your grill or indoor grill pan to medium high heat. Allow to heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Place all your vegetables in a large bowl with the vegetable - toss to coat evenly. Add in the cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables on the grill and allow to char nicely on each side - about 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully as each grill or grill pan will heat and cook differently.
- Once vegetables have all been grilled, allow to cool for a few minutes and then slice into bite size pieces.
- While the vegetables cool, place the tortillas in a damp paper towel and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds to gently warm.
- Serve vegetable mixture with tortillas on the side family style along with desired taco toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!