Cholula Spiced Chickpea Salad
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained if canned
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 3 oz plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cholulua (optional)
- Place chickpeas in a large mixing bowl. Mash slightly with the back of a fork or spoon - leave some whole for texture.
- Add in all other ingredients. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings. I did not add extra salt - I found the capers provided enough salt for this salad.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold in a whole wheat tortilla or pita bread!