Cinnamon Yogurt-Topped Grilled Stone Fruit
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
- 4-5 stone fruits (peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots), pit removed and sliced in half
- 2 tbsp sugar (you can use white, brown or turbinado)
- non stick cooking spray
- 2 cups non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Optional: 1 tbsp sugar or sugar substitute - to sweeten the yogurt if you prefer
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Allow to heat up for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray grill with cooking spray - clean off grate if need be.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp of sugar evenly over the cut sides of the fruit.
- Place fruit cut side down onto the grill. Cook for about 2 minutes or until dark grill marks appear.
- Mix yogurt, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and optional 1 tbsp sugar together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Once fruit has finished cooking, remove from grill and set on plates. Top with ½ cup of the vanilla yogurt mixture and serve immediately.