Creamy Herb Pasta with Peas
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ½ lb of short cut pasta
- 1 cup plain walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup packed basil, tarragon and fresh oregano (equal amounts of each)
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- Lemon juice – from ½ a lemon
- ½-3/4 cup very hot water
- 1 cup peas
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to directions. Save about a cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
- In a food processor add in the walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Process until nuts are very finely chopped - almost bread crumb consistency.
- Turn on food processor and with machine running, slowly add in the hot water until mixture has your desired consistency of alfredo sauce. The sauce should start to become thick and creamy white. Stop every now again to check the consistency and scrape down the sides of the bowl. You may not need all of the water – it depends on how thick you like your alfredo sauce.
- Toss sauce, peas and cooked pasta together, stirring to combine. If sauce is too thick add a little bit of the reserved starchy cooking water until you reach your desired consistency.