Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into ¼" fries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place one oven rack in the lowest slot on the bottom (closest to the heat source).
- In a small sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and just slightly golden. Drain garlic from oil and set aside for later.
- Toss potato slices with garlic oil, salt and pepper. Lay french fries in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip over and bake for another 15 minutes. Each side should be golden brown and crispy. Note: check fries often to make sure they do not burn. They may take slightly longer or shorter depending on your oven heat.
- Remove fries from oven. Toss with reserved garlic and parmesan cheese. Serve hot with ketchup!