Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges
- 2 lbs Russet Potatoes cut into wedges or sticks
- 2 egg whites
- Salt and Pepper to taste (try out different spice blends too!)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a large sheet tray with aluminum foil and set a wire cooling rack on top of the sheet – this allows the hot air in the oven to circulate around the potatoes preventing the bottom from becoming moist.
- Add egg whites, salt and pepper to a large bowl. With a wire whisk, beat the egg whites until frothy (no peaks here – see picture to the left).
- Toss potatoes with egg white mixture and lay the wedges out evenly on the wire rack.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and tender. If you like your potatoes a little darker, feel free to broil them for a few minutes! Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.