Crunchy Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 lb asparagus spears - trimmed of woody stems
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the broiler. Line a cookie sheet with a silpat or aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Pour the beaten egg on a large dinner plate or flat bottomed bowl.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and ground pepper together on another dinner plate or bowl.
- Roll each asparagus spear in the egg wash, then roll in the bread crumb mixture. Place on the cookie sheet and repeat with remaining asparagus spears.
- Broil for about 2-3 minutes per side or until the spears are golden brown on top and bottom. Enjoy hot!