Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Appetizer
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup capers, drained and rinsed and roughly chopped
- ½ roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Serve with: toasted baguette slices, pita chips or Italian bread
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add in olive oil, eggplant and onions. Saute until eggplant turns gold brown about 10-12 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute another minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the parsley. Saute for another 5-7 minutes or until all ingredients are heated through. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Right before serving, add in the parsley off the heat. Stir to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warmed with pita bread or toasted baguette slices.