Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppers with Balsamic Glaze
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 10-15 mini bell peppers (different colors)
- 5 oz goat cheese, softened
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 3 tbsp chives, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- While oven preheats, prep the peppers. Slice off the stem end of the pepper. Carefully, using a small paring knife or just your fingers, pull out the seeds and any white ribs (they're bitter).
- Lay out on a baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes or until softened. If you'd like, at this point you can allow the peppers to cool slightly and then remove their skins. However, I find the roasted, charred skins add a really nice flavor.
- While the peppers cool, make balsamic glaze. Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to a small pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until mixture reduces by about half and turns to a thick syrupy consistency - about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare cheese filling. Mix together the goat cheese, cream cheese, chives, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir until thoroughly combine, taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Use either a pastry bag with a small tip or a small zip top plastic baggie and put all the of the cheese into the bag. If using a plastic baggie, slice off about ¼" tip of the corner of plastic baggie.
- Carefully pipe the cheese filling into each pepper. I filled until just a little bit of the cheese was peeping out from the inside of the pepper. Lay peppers out on your serving dish, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle on fresh basil. Serve immediately.