Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Caramelized Onion & Pear Jam
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- 2 medium firm bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 3 oz. brie, sliced into strips
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onions. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add in the pears, salt and pepper. Continue cooking the pear and onion mixture for another 15-20 minutes or until onions and pears are completely caramelized and a dark golden brown.
- Add in the honey and apple cider vinegar. Cook for another minute. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Remove jam from heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a clean sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Brush the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil evenly over 1 side of each of the bread slices.
- On two of the bread slices, lay on the slices of brie. Top with 3-4 tbsp of the pear and onion jam.
- Top with the remaining two slices of bread, oiled side up.
- Place sandwiches, cheese side down, in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Allow sandwiches to cool slightly before slicing.