Herbed Black Barley with Peas & Cucumbers
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Salad
- 2 cups cooked black barley (regular barley or other whole grains will work well)
- 2 cups white beans
- 1 cup arugula, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 10 oz frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 2 tbsp mint, minced
- ¼ cup basil, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine the ingredients from barley to parsley in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing to combine.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to merry and the dressing to marinate with the vegetables. Taste and adjust for seasonings. Enjoy!