Herbed Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main
- 1 small head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until all the cauliflower is processed so that it looks like snow or couscous.
- Put processed cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 5 minutes. Taste cauliflower to make sure it’s tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Place the cooked cauliflower in a clean dish towel. Squeeze the cauliflower forcing the water to drip out. This will take a little muscle, but keep squeezing until all of the water is out and cauliflower is very dry and clumps together.
- Mix the egg, cheese, salt, pepper and oregano with the drained cauliflower. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form the cauliflower mixture into a ball. Spray a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press the cauliflower mixture into a circular crust about ¼″ thick. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown on the sides and top.
- Remove from oven and top with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings! Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until toppings are warmed through and cheese is melted!