Homemade Spicy Pimento Cheese
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: appetizer
- ½ pound block of sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ pound block of pepperjack cheese
- 8 oz jar pimentos drained and minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbsp juice from Garlic Dill Pickles (adjust for taste and wetness)
- ¾ cup light mayo with olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Grate the cheese and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in the other ingredients and stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Refrigerate and allow to sit for at least 1-2 hours - but it's best if you leave the cheese over night. Enjoy on crackers, sandwiches, burgers, eggs, with chips or even with only a spoon!