Kale Salad with Shaved Parmesan & Pine Nuts
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 bunch of dinosaur/tuscan/lacinato kale (or any other kale varieties you like), roughly chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese (use a vegetable peeler to make long cheese shavings)
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, add in all the kale plus about 1-2 tbsp of the olive oil and ½ of the salt. Massage and set aside for 20 minutes.
- After kale has set, add in the arugula, pine nuts, lemon juice, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix together throughly. Check for seasoning.
- Lastly top the salad or individual plates of salad with the parmesan cheese shavings. Serve immediately.