Kohlrabi and Summer Squash Fritters
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 large kohlrabi, about 3" in diameter, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chives, diced
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Using a grater or food processor, shred both kohlrabi and zucchini. Set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Scramble eggs in another small bowl. Add in salt, pepper and all purpose seasoning.
- Mix in the chives, parsley, baking powder and flour into the zucchini and kohlrabi. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Add in eggs to zucchini and kohlrabi. Stir well.
- Slowly add in the flour. Start with half the amount. You're aiming for a pancake like consistency.
- Spray a large saute pan with non stick spray or add in a touch of oil. Heat over medium high heat until hot.
- Add ¼ cup mounds of fritter batter pressing down slightly in the center to make sure fritters are flat. Cook for about 1½ minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sour cream or spicy remoulade sauce.