Lemon & Cilantro Avocado Lettuce Cups
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, cut into 1" cubes
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp each cumin and coriander
- 6-8 cup-shaped lettuce leaves - such as butter lettuce or romaine
- In a large bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and coriander.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the lettuce leaves. Gently toss to coat, making sure to not smash the avocado too much.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the avocado salad into each lettuce cup (you may have some avocado mixture leftover). Roll lettuce leaf around the filling and eat like a taco!