Lemony Broccoli & Hazelnut Pasta
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: entree
- ½ lb whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese shavings
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Begin cooking pasta according to directions - however, take note of the time! You'll be adding in those broccoli florets for the last 2 minutes of the cooking! Note: save about 1 cup of starchy pasta cooking water - you may need to bulk up the sauce with this.
- While pasta water comes to a boil, start making the sauce. Melt butter and olive oil together over medium heat in a large skillet. Add in garlic, lemon juice and zest and sauté for another 1-2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and allow to reduce slightly. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and broccoli florets and add them back to the pot. Stir in the sauce and hazelnuts. Toss to combine and taste to adjust the seasonings if needed. Gently stir in the parmesan cheese shavings - you want these to stay whole and not be broken up.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!