Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3 parsnips – peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- ½-3/4 cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and add about 2 tbsp salt – this gives the potatoes and parsnips a lot of flavor without salting like crazy after they’re cooked.
- Throw in the potatoes and parsnips, cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes and parsnips can be pierced easily with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and parsnips and put back into the pot. Mash in the butter and as much half and half until you get to your desired consistency – I like a few chunks left in! Season with salt and pepper.