Open Faced Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 pieces whole grain bread or 2 bagels sliced in half
- 6-8 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon (add more or less depending on how much you like)
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup thinly sliced tomatoes
- freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup goat cream cheese (or regular) at room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- Toast bread or bagels to your desired doneness.
- While bread is toasting, in a small bowl add all the ingredients for the lemon herb cream cheese. Mix together well.
- Allow bread or bagels to cool slightly. This helps prevent the cream cheese from melting and the sandwich from sliding around.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the four pieces of bread/bagels.
- Divide the capers evenly among the 4 sandwiches making sure to press the capers down into the cream cheese.
- Add a layer of red onion followed by the sliced tomatoes.
- Lastly, drape entire sandwich with a few pieces of the smoked salmon (lox). Sprinkle liberally with freshly cracked pepper.