Pan Seared Zucchini With Feta & Basil
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 16 oz baby zucchini, trimmed and sliced length wise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ¼ basil, thinly shredded
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional Protein: white beans, chickpeas, diced tofu, etc
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over high heat. Add in the red pepper flakes and cook for about 15-30 seconds. Toss in the zucchini, trying to get the cut side face down. Saute for 1-2 minutes or until zucchini is golden brown.
- Off the heat, drizzle over the lemon juice, salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- In a medium sized serving bowl, toss the zucchini with fresh basil and feta. Serve immediately.