Peach & Blackberry Cobbler
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 peaches, sliced into "in wedges
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1-2 tbsp sugar - depending on how sweet your fruit is
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ cup hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Together the sliced peaches, cinnamon, salt, lemon zest, sugar and corn starch. Fold gently until spices and corn starch thoroughly coat all the fruit.
- Gently fold in blackberries making sure not to smash them.
- Pour filling mixture into a 8" oval or square baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor add in all topping ingredients except the chopped nuts. Pulse until everything is combined and is sticky when squished together. There should still be some larger pieces of butter and oats. Manually mix in the hazelnuts - you want to keep some large pieces of nuts.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.