Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 and a half cups of flour
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slow down the speed of the mixer and add in the egg. Beat until just combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and 2 tbsp of milk. Beat until just combined - do not over beat.
- With a spatula or spoon, fold in the pecans.
- Form dough into a log about 2" in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. If you're in a rush, place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until very firm.
- Slice cookies about ½" thick. Place on a lined baking sheet about 1" apart. Bake at 400F for about 10-12 minutes or until just lightly golden brown on the edges. But keep an eye on these cookies, they burn easily!