Pineapple Lime Agua Fresca
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Beverage
- 5 cups roughly chopped pineapple,
- juice from 2 limes
- zest from 1 lime
- ⅓ cup of honey
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 10 cups of water
- In a food process or high powdered blender, add all of the ingredients. You may only be able to add in half of the water depending on the size of your machine. Just mix in the remaining water with the fruit mixture in a large pitcher.
- Process ingredients until completely smooth. Strain agua fresca through a fine mesh sieve. You can skip this step if you enjoy a bit of the pulp and fruit bits throughout your drink (similar to OJ with pulp). I'm not a huge fan, so I strained my agua fresca.
- Pour agua fresca into a large pitcher - add remaining water if you have it. Stir to combine and taste for sweetness.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour and serve cold over ice! Will stay fresh for 2-3 days!