Roasted Asparagus With Dijon Mustard & Caper Dressing
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and stalks peeled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss trimmed asparagus in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 8-10 minutes - this provides a tender, yet crisp asparagus spear. If you like yours more well done, cook for an additional few minutes.
- While asparagus cooks, mix the lemon juice, white wine vinegar and garlic together in a small bowl. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except of the olive oil, to the lemon juice mixture. Stir to combine.
- While whisking, drizzle the olive oil into the dressing. Continuously whisking during the addition of the oil will help ensure the dressing stays emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the hot asparagus and serve immediately!