Roasted Garlic & Herb Butter
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Roast garlic (see recipe here). Remove cloves from garlic head and chop finely or mash. Set aside.
- Leave butter out at room temperature overnight or for about 4-6 hours.
- In a medium sized bowl add in chopped herbs, pepper, butter and roasted garlic. Mash with a fork or the back of a spoon to fully combine.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Mound butter into decorate dish or bowl and refrigerate until solid.
- Remove butter from refrigerator 20-30 minutes prior to serving so it has the chance to soften slightly.
- Serve immediately with warmed bread.