Roasted Onion and Tomato Spinach Salad
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 plum tomatoes, slice in half lengthwise
- 2 small red onions, or 1 large sliced into 6-8 wedges (stem on)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 16 oz bag of fresh baby spinach
- ½ can Great Northern beans
- ½ cup sliced English cucumber
- ¼-1/3 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- On a sheet pan coated with cooking spray or a silpat, place slice tomatoes cut side down and red onion wedges. Coat with olive oil and ½ tsp salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast vegetables until golden brown on all sides - about 40-45 minutes. Flip about 20 minutes into the roasting time.
- While vegetables roast, pour out spinach into a large salad bowl. Add in most of the beans and cucumbers. Save a small handful for garnishing the plates at the end (optional).
- Toss spinach with salad dressing and season with salt and pepper as needed. Divide evenly onto 2-3 plates (depending on how big you like your salads).
- Top each salad evenly with goat cheese crumbles, avocado slices and remaining white beans and cucumbers.
- Once roasted vegetables are done, allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Then divide evenly between salads. Serve immediately.