Roasted Peach & Blueberry Compote
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 large peaches, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Preheat boiler to high and place an oven rack at the highest position closest to the broiler.
- Toss cut up peaches and blueberries with the brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Ensure all pieces of fruit are coated with the sugar mixture.
- Broil fruit until berries burst and peaches just begin to caramelize - about 10 minutes. You might want to flip fruit throughout to get caramelization on multiple sides.
- Serve hot on top of ice cream or cool for a delicious topping for your breakfast yogurt or cottage cheese!