Roasted Poblano Salsa Verde
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 large poblano peppers, seeded and cut into large strips
- 8 medium tomatillos, peeled and rinsed and cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup onion, roughly chopped
- Preheat broiler to high and place oven rack in the top most slot.
- Toss the poblanos and tomatillos with the canola oil, salt and pepper. Broil on high for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables have some charred areas. Toss half way through to ensure all sides of veggies get some charred marks.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in the roasted poblano mixture, juice and zest from a lime and garlic. Pulse for about 10-15 seconds or until roughly chopped, but combined.
- Add in the chopped onion and pulse again until onion pieces are smaller than a pea. Consistency is up to you! Pulse for a longer period of time if you like a smoother salsa. Less time for a chunkier salsa!