Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Garlic & Oregano
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main
- 3-4 large heirloom tomatoes, cut in half horizontally
- 2-3 tbsp fresh oregano
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup good quality olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a heavy bottomed braising dish or deep pot, place all the tomatoes, cut side up. Sprinkle on the oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, making sure to coat the herbs and garlic - this will prevent them from burning. It may seem like a lot of oil, but it makes a beautifully fragrant sauce after cooking.
- Bake tomatoes covered for 15 minutes. Remove lid and continue cooking another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Serve tomatoes over pasta, couscous, quinoa or cheesy polenta! Drizzle on the oil from the pan into your starch of choice for an extra kick of flavor!