Roasted Winter Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Entree
- 5 large carrots, sliced into 2" pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced into ½" pieces
- 7-10 medium golden beets, scrubbed clear and quartered
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced into ½" pieces
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (follow package directions)
- 1 15.5 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place all the cut vegetables onto a large sheet tray. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper until everything is evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender.
- While vegetables roast, mix together the quinoa and white beans. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve about ¾ cup of the quinoa mixture into a bowl and top with a generous 1 cup of the roasted vegetables. Serve immediately.