Smoked Salmon & Artichoke Quesadillas With Lemon Caper Sauce
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- ¼ chopped artichokes
- ¼ light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ⅓ cup light mayo
- 2 tbsp capers plus some of the juice
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 -2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix together the ingredients from mayo to lemon juice. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. You may want to thin out this sauce with a few drops of water. Depends on your desired thickness.
- For the quesadillas, spread out all of the cream cheese on one side of a tortilla.
- Sprinkle on the smoked salmon, artichokes, crumbled goat cheese and ¼ tsp ground pepper evenly on top of the cream cheese.
- Dot with the 2 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese and top with the remaining tortilla.
- In a medium sized skillet (should be the size of your tortillas) cook quesadilla on high for about 2 minutes per side. Watch out, they will cook quickly! You want the tortilla to get slightly browned and crisp and the insides to get warm and cheese to melt!
- Slice into 6 wedges and serve hot with the lemon caper sauce!