Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 3 cups leftover (or pre-cooked) pasta, can be any shape, long noodles work best
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded skim mozzarella
- 3-4 tomatoes, sliced - should yield 9-10 slices
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and scramble them. Add in the parmesan, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add in your pasta and stirring to combine. Make sure egg and cheese mixture is thoroughly coating all the pasta.
- In a 12" nonstick skillet, add the olive oil. Use a paper towel and rub the entire pan surface with olive oil. Heat over medium high heat. Allow to heat up for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta mixture and flatten out to fill out the entire pan. It should create a flat spaghetti pancake - or pie. Cook over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes or until bottom is a dark golden brown.
- Remove skillet from stove and place in the oven. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until center of spaghetti pie is set. Carefully remove pan from oven - remember handle of skillet is hot.
- Allow pie to cool for about 5 minutes. Slide out of pan onto a cutting board. Slice with a pizza cutter or large knife. Serve immediately.