Spiced Apple & Pear Baked Oatmeal
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: breakfast
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup craisins
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 cup diced honey crisp apple
- 1 cup diced bosc pears
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8 x 8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, yolk, vanilla extract, canola oil, milk and apple cider.
- In a separate larger mixing bowl, toss together the dry ingredients: rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder. Slowly drizzle in the wet ingredients, folding as you go. Mixture should be quite soupy.
- Lastly, fold in the craisins, apples and pears. Pour oatmeal mixture into greased baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 mins, remove tin foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until oatmeal is just set. Serve hot with maple syrup, honey, chopped nuts or any other favorite toppings!