Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges each
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- *Note - do not walk away or leave potatoes in oven without watching them. They can burn quickly at the high temps required! *
- Align one oven rack to the lowest position in your oven. Preheat to 475 F. Place a sheet tray or baking pan on the lowest rack and allow to preheat with the oven.
- In a large bowl, place the sweet potato wedges and cover with cold water. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes - this allows some of the starch to be released from the potatoes making a crispier fry.
- Remove fries from the water, rinsing well. Dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Toss potato wedges with oil and spices in another large bowl. Ensure that each fry is thoroughly coated with oil and spices.
- Remove preheating sheet tray from oven and lay out the potato wedges (a flesh side down) on the sheet tray. Put back in the oven and cook for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Flip wedges over and cook for another 5-8 minutes until the remaining side is also golden brown. Serve immediately!