Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups strawberry rhubarb compote
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: extra strawberries for top or for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or spray with non-stick spray a 9" square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oats, nuts, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, milk and water. Stir to combine.
- Mix chia seeds with strawberry rhubarb compote. Then pour compote into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Mix together the dry oat mixture and the wet ingredients. Stir to make sure the entire oat mixture is coated with the wet ingredients. Pour into baking dish over compote. Sprinkle top of oatmeal with extra sliced strawberries if so desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until oats are just set. Cook a little longer if you like a dryer oatmeal.
- Serve immediately. Add extra milk, honey, berries or other favorite oatmeal toppings.