Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Pudding Parfaits
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅔ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1½ thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1½ lbs sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar (more or less depending on how sweet your berries are)
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half, seeds set aside
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Whisk together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract and honey in a medium bowl. Cover and allow to thicken in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours.
- While pudding thickens, prepare strawberry rhubarb compote. Heat a medium-sized sauce pan over medium high heat add all ingredients. Stir gently to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring often.
- Turn down to medium and simmer for about 15 or 20 minutes or until strawberry mixture has thickened to a syrup-like consistency.
- Set aside and cool. Refrigerate after cooled - leftovers can be stored for about 2 weeks.
- To make parfaits layer in chia seed pudding and strawberry rhubarb compote - alternating layers. Garnish with freshly sliced strawberries!