Balsamic & Mint Beet Salad
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Side
- 2 15.5 oz cans sliced beets, rinsed and drained, and cut into ½" cubes
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ tsp each salt and ground pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Toss all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to coat with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings as needed. This salad is best if allowed to marinate for at least 1 hour or over night.