Sundried Tomato and Spinach Breakfast Wrap
Author: Maria Tadic
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1, 3 oz bag sundried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 6 100% whole wheat 8" tortillas
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 3 oz feta cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl, add sundried tomatoes and cover them with boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté until beginning to soften and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in spinach. Pack it down in the pan - it will reduce down very quickly. Stir often to insure even cooking of the spinach and to make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- In a food processor, add the spinach mixture and the sundried tomatoes (drained from hot water). Pulse until mixture is similar to a pesto like consistency or finely chopped. Allow to cool.
- Wipe out the saute pan and add last 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Scramble eggs and add to hot pan. Cook eggs just until they begin to come together in clumps.
- Line up 2 or 3 tortillas at a time and spoon ⅓ cup spinach mixture onto tortilla. Spread to about ½" from the sides.
- Sprinkle on ½ oz of feta cheese if using. Top with ¼-1/3 cup of scrambled eggs and roll up tortilla, ends in - burrito style. Repeat steps 7 & 8 with remaining tortillas and filling.
- To freeze: wrap each individual filled tortilla tightly in plastic wrap. Put all wraps in a freezer safe plastic bag. Will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.